Mate! We’re in Brisbane and we f*ckin* love it! Surfing, sharks and beer! Sun, nice animals, palm trees! And what can you love more than f*ckin’ burgers? Nothin’! So here’s some serious Brisbane Friday mouse: yummy burgers, freakin’ fantastic oven brie, and really good chips! Scroll down for recipes, mice points and next destination, mate!
Baked brie with lemon thyme
- 250g brie cheese
- 4 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Crackers, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Cut a 22cm circle from baking paper. Place brie in centre of paper.
- Make 6 small slits in top of cheese. Cut 1 thyme sprig into six pieces.
- Push thyme and garlic slices into slits.
- Fold baking paper over brie to enclose. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until brie is soft.
- Remove leaves from remaining thyme sprigs. Finely chop leaves. Sprinkle brie with thyme. Serve with crackers.
- Oil to fry
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Warm the oil.
- Fry the potatos until golden brown
- Sprinkle with salt
Vegetarian Halloumi-Seitan Hamburgers
- Hamburger buns
- Dressings and other stuff of your choice
- Fry the seitan-patties, halloumi and buns in pan.
- Combine with the other ingredients.
With the bloody ace food we drank the Carrington Vintage Brut 2015, nice sparkling vintage wine from Australia.
Next up: Dubai!