Los Angeles, the city of angels! And of new cool pizza! This salmon pizza with dill cream was so fantastic (we’ll make it again), you just have to try it! Served with a yummy hummus salad and sparkling wine from California the magical salmon pizza was the best Friday mouse so far! Scroll down for recipes and our next destination!
Pizza with Smoked Salmon and Caviar
- 170 gram Pizza Dough (see separate recipe)
- 1 tablespoon Chili and Garlic Oil (see Sauces & Dressings)
- 1/4 teaspoon thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoon s Dill Cream (see Sauces & Dressings)
- 2 1/2 ounce s thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Sevruga caviar, optional
- Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 225°C.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll out the dough into an 8- inch circle, with the outer edge a little thicker than the inner circle.
- Brush the dough with the oil and arrange the onions over the pizza.
- Slide a pizza paddle or rimless baking sheet under the pizza and then slide the pizza onto the pizza stone.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- With the pizza paddle or a large spatula, carefully remove the pizza from the oven and set it on a cutting board.
- Use a knife, an icing spatula, or the back of a spoon to spread the Dill Cream over the inner circle.
- Arrange the slices of salmon so that they cover the entire pizza, slightly overlapping the raised rim.
- Sprinkle the chopped chives over the salmon.
- Using a pizza cutter or a large sharp knife, cut the pizza into 4 or 6 slices.
- If you like, spoon a little caviar in the center of each slice. Serve immediately.
Chili and Garlic Oil
- 1 Whole head garlic (about 2 ½ ounces, cloves separated and peeled)
- 2 cup s extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, combine the garlic cloves and olive oil.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to maintain a bare simmer and cook until the garlic turns golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Keep a close watch: If the garlic gets too dark, the oil will have a bitter taste.
- Let the oil cool, then stir in the red pepper flakes.
- Leave at room temperature for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend. Strain the oil into a clean glass container, cover, and refrigerate.
- 1 1/2 cup s sour cream
- 3 tablespoon s minced shallots
- 2 tablespoon s Fresh dill leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon s fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground white pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup s warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon s extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing the pizza crusts
- 3 cup s all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the yeast, honey, water and olive oil as directed in a medium-size or large bowl.
- Combine the flour and salt. Fold in the flour a cup at a time using a large wooden spoon.
- As soon as you can scrape the dough out in one piece, scrape it onto a lightly floured work surface and knead it for 10 minutes, adding flour as necessary until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a clean, lightly oiled bowl, rounded side down first, then rounded side up. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and leave it in a warm spot to rise for 30 minutes (you can leave it for up to an hour). When it is ready the dough will stretch as it is gently pulled.
Kale and Hummus Salad
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, from 1 large lemon
- 5 cups shredded Tuscan kale
- One 15 1/2-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Heat a small saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and garlic and cook just until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini and lemon juice.
- Gradually whisk in the garlic oil.
- Add the kale, salt and chickpeas and gently toss together, bringing the dressing up from the bottom to coat everything evenly.
- Add the cranberries, and toss.
Ice cream sandwiches
- Your favorite gelato(s)
- your choice of large cookies
- Scoop ice cream to the smooth side of cookie.
- Add other cookie to form a sandwich.
We enjoyed the Los Angeles friday mouse with Californian sparkling Wine Korbel
We’re packing the bags and are off, arriving in Honolulu this Friday. Stay tuned for some fancy Friday mousing!