Hola! Long timos, no seos! In Cancun we enjoyed some grilled mexican food, which was very, very, very good. What about the combo of grilled tortillas, grilled salmon, mucho wonderful salsa – all served with cool craft beer? Well I say yummy! Put on your sombreros and check out the recipes downstairs:
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 6 tortillas
- Grated cheese
- Salsa (of your choice)
- Heat the grill to high.
- Mix the smoked paprika, garlic and cumin in a small bowl. Rub the spices over the salmon fillets and pop under the grill for 8-10 mins until cooked through.
- Cut or grate cucumbers and avocado.
- Place all the fresh ingredients into separate bowls.
- When ready warm the tortillas in the grill for a few seconds.
- 1 cup finely diced nectarine
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste 1
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Combine nectarines, bell pepper, onions, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a bowl. Stir in lime juice, olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate to let flavors develop, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Before serving, stir in black pepper. Add a pinch more salt, if needed.
This time instead of sparkling wine we enjoyed the friday mouse with a choice of craft beers. Next up: Los Angeles!